LOCATION: Groton, CT – Relocation paid
INDUSTRY: Marine, Aerospace, Defence
Great compensation with top benefits
ROLE STRUCTURE AND COMPANY:
This niche SME company works on exciting, technically challenging, cutting-edge technologies that will expose candidates to a wide variety of multidisciplinary fields and allow for unique growth opportunities and learning experiences.
You will work in a small company environment where technical excellence is rewarded and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged, and you will have the chance to work directly with colleagues and customers that value innovation and creativity.
Successful applicants will support the development of state-of-the-art sonar and communication systems for autonomous underwater vehicles, undersea systems, and other marine applications.
We are looking for a highly motivated Principal Scientist to join Groton (CT), Concord (MA), or Arlington (VA) teams.
Successful candidates will have:
- A PhD degree in electrical, ocean, or mechanical engineering, acoustics or related field with a focus in maritime systems development;
- Professional experience of 7+ years in DoD or related industry is preferred, but not required for highly qualified candidates;
- Knowledge of acoustic communications, underwater sensors and transducers, array processing, underwater acoustic propagation modelling, detection and estimation, embedded systems, and data acquisition a plus.
- Experience in the following related fields is also highly desired: RF communications, robotics, sonar systems, and signal processing.
- Design and development of innovative maritime systems (50%)
- Project leadership (25%)
- Proposal writing, marketing, and new business captures (25%)
- PhD in electrical/ocean/mechanical engineering, acoustics, or related field
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following: digital communications, maritime hardware design and prototyping, robotics, and acoustic signal processing
- Experience with marine hardware or system design (sensor arrays, data acquisition, low-power embedded processors, batteries, power amplifiers, transducers, subsea cables and connectors)
Experience writing proposals and leading new business captures
- Working knowledge of digital and analog circuits
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral) to lead meetings and prepare written briefs for internal reviews and with customers
- Experience fielding systems, running prototype demonstrations, post-processing data to determine system performance, and creating presentation materials to debrief customer
- Expert Matlab programming skills
FranSyS Consulting is supporting one of its USA NPA partners to find a suitable profile for the following job position.
Apply to learn more!
I look forward to the opportunity to make a value-added contribution to your career.